Maximise handling to suit conditions and threats; emphasis on altered AV dynamics.
Duration: 6 Days.
This course familiarises you with the changes in dynamics and handling which the up armouring process produces. Comparisons are on-going throughout the training.
AVOC /CPV Modules
- Introduction to 4wd systems.
- The trade off between off-road capability and on-road safety.
- Understanding torque vs. power.
- Wheel printing exercises.
- Stall-recovery techniques (recovery from a failed climb).
- Ascending /descending steep inclines.
System of Vehicle Control
- Armoured vehicle specifications /special features.
- Space management and planning.
- Correct cornering and steering techniques.
- Understanding and countering over-steer and under-steer.
- Braking techniques.
- Reversing techniques.
Introduction to Security Driving
- Avoidance through awareness; developing a pro-active mindset.
- Carry out effective threat and risk assessment and analysis.
- Route planning.
- Understanding awareness levels and the effects of survival stress.
- Understanding different types of ambushes.
- Specialist armoured vehicle drills.
- Reality based scenarios.
Course Fees and Dates
- US$ 2295.00 per person.
- Rate is exclusive of 18% VAT.
- Discount rates are available for groups of 10 or more.
- 27 Feb - 04 Mar 2023
- 15 May - 20 May 2023
- 04 Dec - 09 Dec 2023