Drive to the conditions; roll-over prevention on unsealed roads.
Duration: 1 Day.
An unsealed road is unstable and dangerous. Particularly when the road surface is dry, drivers become overconfident and mistakenly feel in control.
Vehicle roll-overs are often caused by skids, which are caused by excessive speed for the circumstances, over-steering in relation to speed (which may not be excessive), harsh acceleration, or sudden and excessive braking.
This driving course is designed specifically for people who operate 4wds on unsealed roads in rural or remote areas.
Module: Introduction to 4wd Defensive Driving
- Principles of defensive driving; including collision contributing factors, hazard management and the decision making process.
- Understanding reaction time and distance.
- Understanding the system of vehicle control and the collision prevention formula.
- Managing low traction surfaces.
- Managing contact patch and available traction.
- Apex cornering.
- Braking exercises.
( click above images to enlarge. )
Course Fees and Dates
- US$ 205.00 per person (if you bring /use your 4wd).
- US$ 280.00 per person (includes use of a 4wd training vehicle).
- Rate is exclusive of 18% VAT.
- Discount rates are available for groups of 10 or more.
- 25 Jan 2022
- 11 Feb 2022
- 20 May 2022
- 15 Jun 2022
- 20 Jul 2022
- 05 Aug 2022
- 07 Sep 2022
- 23 Oct 2022