Mindset, hazard awareness, space management and roll-over prevention.
Duration: 3 Days.
Drive to the conditions; this intensive defensive driving course is the next level up from our High Range Module.
Emphasis is on the importance of critical self-awareness, hazard awareness and space management.
Students are encouraged to identify and self-correct errors to build up to smooth, accurate and consistent driving.
( click above images to enlarge. )
Introduction to 4wd Defensive Driving
- Principles of 4wd defensive driving.
- Understanding reaction time and distance.
- Understanding the system of vehicle control and the collision prevention formula.
- Managing low traction surfaces.
- Managing contact patch and available traction.
- Apex cornering.
- Braking exercises.
Pro-active Mindset: Collision Avoidance
- The proactive mindset; the positive virtues of the correct mindset and awareness level.
- Becoming a better driver; characteristics of a good driver.
- Identifying human factors; the link between the psychological and physical aspects of driving.
- Vehicle language; principles of closed loop communication (driver inputs /vehicle outputs).
System of Vehicle Control
- Space management and planning.
- Vehicle control exercises; developing a smooth, accurate and consistent driving style.
- Reversing techniques.
Course Fees and Dates
- US$ 695.00 per person (if you bring /use your 4wd).
- US$ 920.00 per person (includes use of a 4wd training vehicle).
- Rate is exclusive of 18% VAT.
- Discount rates are available for groups of 10 or more.
- 06 Nov - 08 Nov 2018
- 21 Nov - 23 Nov 2018
- 12 Dec - 14 Dec 2018